Frequently Asked Questions

The questions and answers below are some of the common ones we receive from our customers with regard to water, flood, sewage back-up, fire, smoke, wind, storm, and mold damage. The answers should be helpful to understand the process of remediation, restoration, repair, and reconstruction and how to work with your insurance company when you have a property damage claim on your homeowners or business owners insurance.

If your questions are not answered here, please contact us right away using our contact form, or for a faster response, call our emergency services number 24/7 at 1-888-205-0151.

Q: Do I have to wait to receive an insurance check before you begin work?

A: No. We will work immediately to stabilize and create a degree of comfort in your home or business, until we can mediate on your behalf with your insurance company on an agreed cost of repairs and to completely restore your home and property.

Q: How much do your emergency services cost?

A: Provided that your property insurance claim is covered, your only cost upfront is your insurance deductible. The remainder of our emergency services performed will be paid by your insurance company. If there is a question of coverage, we will work with you and your insurance company until their investigation is complete, and they have made a final decision on whether you have coverage or not. If your insurance company denies coverage, then we will work with you on agreeable payment terms.

Q: A tree fell on my home or business. What should I do?

A: First, contact us so we can get an emergency response repair crew on its way to your location. Be aware that how the tree is removed from your structure may impact the amount your insurance company will pay. Be certain that, if the situation is dangerous – precarious or falling objects, unsafe flooring, unhealthy water, etc. – stay away from the affected area, possibly vacating your home if the damage is extensive. Do not try to repair the damage, remove tree branches, clean up soot, etc. as you may be putting yourself in danger. Jot down notes and take several photos of the damaged area, if possible, to document the situation. This will provide evidence in case a dispute arises between you and your insurance company. Take photos or video, and keep any damaged items until your insurance claims representative can inspect them. Be sure to save receipts for any out-of-pocket costs.

Q: Will my insurance policy automatically cover the damage?

A: It depends on your policy. Contact McClincy's to help you determine your insurance coverage prior to reporting your claim. Take note that when you file a claim and it is denied, it is still reported in the insurance carrier’s underwriting department. We will work with you through this process. Generally, fire and smoke damage is covered. Damage from wind and falling trees is covered by some policies, but not others (where it is deemed an "act of God"). The cost of removal of trees that have fallen on your buildings is usually covered. Flood damage may or may not be covered, depending on whether you have specific coverage. Water damage from leaking or burst pipes is commonly covered under most homeowners or business owner's policies. Damaged property inside your home or business is also typically covered. To be sure what is and isn't covered under your homeowners’ insurance policy, please contact your insurance company.

Q: What if I cannot live in my home or operate my business because of water, fire, smoke, storm, or wind damage?

A: Under most policies, your "additional living expenses" such as temporary living quarters and storage expenses will be covered. Food, incidentals for hygiene use, and furniture rental costs may also be covered. Be sure to save your receipts and talk with your insurance agent.

Q: What if the tree belonged to my neighbor?

A: Contact McClincy’s to help you with this. Typically, your neighbor is responsible for the damage only if he was somehow negligent, for example, if the tree was rotten. The neighbor should call his insurance company as well, but that company is not necessarily obligated to cover the damage to your property.

Q: While you’re repairing the fire damage in my kitchen, can you upgrade my cabinets, countertops, and flooring?

A: Your insurance policy covers the cost of restoring your home to its pre-loss condition, either at “replacement cost” (what it would currently cost to replace your property), or at “current value” (what is the depreciated value of your property, which could be less than the replacement cost). Check with your insurance agent to determine whether your policy covers property damage at a guaranteed replacement cost or depreciated value cost. Claims for damage do not cover improvements and renovation beyond restoring the property to its previous value and condition. However, we can work with you to make improvements which are not covered under your insurance claim.

Q: What area do you service?

A: We service most of the Puget Sound area in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, including these cities: Auburn, Bellevue, Burien, Covington, Des Moines, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, and Tukwila.

Call 1-888-205-0151 now
for immediate, 24/7 response
emergency remediation, restoration and repair
for water, fire/smoke, wind and storm damage

© Copyright 2011 - , McClincy's - All Rights Reserved.                                                                                  Website Design, Hosting and Maintenance by New Tech Web, Inc.